(3) Send Us Your Screeners or Vimeo Link
Screener Link: Copy and paste your link and password into the online submission form in a required field.
Please note: The password must not be changed before the official Festival selection is announced.
(4) Program Consideration
AJB Program team will decide on the final AJB DOC Festival selection applying the following criteria:
(5) Submission Fees & Deadlines
· Regular: May, 10 – 10,00 EUR
· Extended: May 30 – 20,00 EUR
(6) Program Decisions
· Final selection applicants will be notified of program decision via email by the mid of June 2018.
· AJB DOC Festival is under no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted film to the applicant or any other representative of the submitted film.
· Applicants shall be responsible for keeping the confidentiality of information exchanged in official correspondence with representatives of AJB DOC Festival and are obligated not to disclose them to third parties.
· General scheduling and timetabling of both public screenings and press screenings are entirely at the discretion of the festival organization.
· Once a documentary has been selected, the Festival is entitled to use excerpts from the work with a maximum of three minutes, nationally and internationally, for promotional purposes. In the event that excerpts are not available, and being understood that under no circumstances the entire work may be made public, the Festival is entitled to copy one or more excerpts from the documentary for promotional use prior to and during the festival only.
· Authors whose films are not selected for the competition program of the Festival shall not be entitled to reimbursement of the funds paid in the application process for the competition of the AJB DOC Festival.
(7) Jury and Awards
· Best film in Festival competition “AJB DOC Main Award”
International jury of five (5) members shall decide on the Main Award.
· Award of Al Jazeera Balkans program jury “AJB Program Award”
Al Jazeera Balkans Program Department shall decide on the Program Award.
· “Audience Award”
All films screened at AJB DOC Festival compete for the Audience Award.
(8) Rights, authorization and obligations
· By submitting a film to the Festival, i.e. filing the submission form, the applicant confirms and warrants that he/she is entitled to submit the film to AJB DOC and has authorization and consent from the owners of copyright and related rights, any trademarked content and/or other subject matter of intellectual property on the content included within the submitted film.
· Furthermore, by submitting a film to the Festival, i.e. filing the submission form, the applicant guarantees that all AJB DOC screening rights are cleared, declares to be the owner of the rights for the work submitted and that he/she is authorized to grant rights of usage and/or to transfer it to third parties.
· AJB DOC, its representatives, authorized persons and/or employees shall not be held responsible for any unauthorized inclusion of any content in the film that might be the basis for third parties` claims.
· The applicant shall defend and fully secure AJB DOC, all of its representatives, authorized persons and/or employees against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses arising out of or in connection with claims by third parties in relation to the submitted film.
· AJB DOC reserves the right to, at any time prior to or during the Festival, disqualify and exclude any film that is subject to third parties claims.
· Once the application for the participation in the Festival, has been submitted and registered, it can no longer be withdrawn, which means that the film will be screened if selected for the official competing of the Festival.
· The applicant guarantees that the information on the submitted film will be accurate and correct, and that all necessary information, materials and other contents will be made available to the Festival.
· Directors, producers and distributors of the awarded films shall commit to mentioning the award and AJB DOC in official and promotional materials as well as during the film’s distribution.
· Selected and award-winning films may use AJB DOC logo and the text “official selection” or “Winner AJB DOC 2018” for publicity purposes. The logos will be sent in digital form.
· AJB DOC reserves the right to write its own texts for the Festival catalogue, programs, flyers and other promotional materials.
· No screeners or application materials will be returned. Do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals.
· Participation in the AJB DOC Film Festival implies the acceptance of these regulations.
· The festival authority reserves the right to amend the regulations.
· All authors whose films have been selected for the Competition Program of the AJB DOC will be additionally contacted by the program and hospitality service of the Festival with the aim of resolving further logistical and technical details about the participation in the Festival.